Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery Sydney, Bella Vista, Bowral
Most abdominal surgery can be performed Laparoscopically (keyhole surgery). This approach carries significant advantages such as decreased time to recovery due to fewer disturbances to patient’s homeostasis and less cosmetic and functional disturbance with avoidance of large abdominal incisions.
Our range of Laparoscopic Procedures includes:
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy – Often performed for investigation of abdominal symptoms, where the diagnosis is unclear.
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy – One of the most common operations performed by General Surgeons, mostly done in acute situation, but occasionally performed for chronic appendicitis as well.
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair – is the new standard of care in hernia surgery.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (link to General Surgery> Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy page)– performed for problems with gall bladder usually related to complications of gall stones such as biliary colic, acute cholecystitis and pancreatitis as well as others.
- Laparoscopic Bowel Resection – a major operation, where the impact of the procedure can be lessened, by performing most of the operation keyhole.
- Laparoscopic Lymph Node Biopsy – usually a diagnostic procedure where a lymph node needs to be sampled to provide definite treatment for another condition.
Depending on the type of surgery you require we will discuss with you various approaches available today and what is the appropriate and safe procedure for your personal situation.
Our aim is to perform a safe, complication-free surgery, with quick recovery and only when it is medically necessary.
DR MICHAEL YUNAEV
“Dr Michael is a Specialist Breast (Oncoplastic) and General Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign and Congenital Breast Disease and Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, as well as General Surgery.”
DR YUNAEV SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES: