There are many conditions of the breast that are benign in nature but may present as surgical issues due to the way they present, grow or the symptoms they cause to a woman.
These include conditions such as:
- They grow quickly
- They are getting large close to the 3cm or more
- They are symptomatic, for instance painful and tender or aesthetically disfiguring
- They do not predispose you to breast cancer
- The reason to remove them is that sometimes a cancer can grow within them, within the tissue next to it, or sometime very rarely it can transform into a phylloides tumour, which also does need to be removed.
- These are tumours of the breast that can be benign or malignant
- They exist on a continuum from harmless to aggressive
- There can be a lack of certainty about whether they are benign or malignant or are in fact a fibroadenoma and therefore are always recommended to be excised.
DR MICHAEL YUNAEV
“Dr Michael is a Specialist OncoPlastic and Cosmetic Breast and General Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign and Congenital Breast Disease and Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, as well as General Surgery.”
DR YUNAEV SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES: